While at our core, our attorneys are focused on maintaining legal compliance, our advice extends to cover all facets of the relationship between employers and their employees.
We are in regular contact with clients and other attorneys who look to our team for advice on daily business practices involving employees. As our clients’ trusted advisor regarding employment issues, and as an adjunct employment law group to other law firms, we address the full range of employment issues, always keeping the needs and goals of each client in mind.
The nature of our employment advice is diverse and includes:
- Employee discipline and discharge
- Strategic and succession planning
- Delicate internal workplace investigations
- Negotiating employment agreements and severance agreements
- Negotiating non-compete and confidentiality agreements in order to protect trade secrets and proprietary company information
- Designing compensation structures, bonus plans, incentive plans and severance plans
- Developing and preparing employee handbooks, and training and policy manuals
- Developing and conducting employee training programs
- Evaluating requests made under the Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act, state workers’ compensation and disability laws
- Minimizing and prevention of risk associated with corporate transactions, corporate restructuring and reductions in force
- Wage-and-hour practices and audits
- Blending of workforces
For proactive, preventative advice on the gamut of HR issues, please contact one of our attorneys.